Absolute Marketing Group is a full-service marketing communications firm dedicated to serving small-to-midsize companies.
We are offering the following career opportunities:
>> Web Project Manager
Absolute Marketing Group is hiring a Web Project Manager who will be responsible for managing web development and app development projects.
- Guide active web projects from start to completion by analyzing scope, collecting and organizing project materials, setting critical project paths and timelines, and resolving process-blocking issues that arise during the development process.
- Work directly with clients and account managers to gather critical project input and to present and report project progress.
- Work directly with clients to gather content, images and other critical materials that are needed to complete the projects.
- Work directly with production staff (designers/developers/writers) to find out what they need to move forward – then secure it and provide it to them in a timely manner.
- Secure sign-offs and written approvals from clients at each major milestone or phase of a project as needed.
- Assign actionable tasks to web department and graphics department resources as projects progress.
- Coordinate meetings between clients and production staff as needed.
- Work directly with the Traffic Coordinator, Lead Developer and Interactive Director to improve processes and workflow.
- Analyze production resource availability and assign projects/tasks to appropriate staff.
- Quality check and test the team’s output and verify it meets all previously agreed upon requirements.
Previous experience with web development/project management desired. Experience with Agile/Scrum is a plus. Please apply by November 1st, 2013.
- See more at: absolutemg.com/careers/web-project-manager
>> Marketing Assistant
Absolute Marketing Group has announced a new entry-level career opportunity. The position is marketing assistant. The marketing assistant generally provides assistance to the marketing advisor(s) in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of account manager or marketing advisor.
• Provides administrative assistance to marketing advisor on day-to-day client activities, including responding to client phone calls, emails, and faxes, handling mail/packages, production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned marketing advisor.
• Stays aware of client activities to provide backup when marketing advisors are unavailable.
• Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by marketing advisors in development of briefs, etc.
• Provides input in planning stages as requested by marketing advisors and other agency team members. Assists in mailings, processing final copy, agendas, performance reports, proposals, correspondence and other materials related to account service and preparing the above for client presentations.
• Handles paperwork and maintains digital and hard copy files on all client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
• Maintains client reference notebooks and/or digital archives for all assigned accounts, detailing past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
• By marketing advisor request, takes minutes at meetings, prepares and distributes contact reports (call reports), etc.
• Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of marketing advisors to potential problems before they occur.
• Proofreads copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
• Handles and distributes client mail to assigned marketing advisors and acts as host/hostess for visiting clients. Helps prepare billing details for accounting department.
Preferred experience includes a college degree in communications, marketing or sales as well as a previous internship at ad agency or media company. Please apply by November 1st, 2013.
- See more at: absolutemg.com/marketingassistant/
>> Sales Executive
Absolute Marketing Group, a growing marketing communications firm located in downtown Fargo, has a unique career opportunity. Absolute will add a Sales Executive (aka Rainmaker) to our team of marketing professionals. We are looking for someone who produces a high volume of sales by providing exceptional service, positive attitude and successful recommendations.
As Sales Executive, you’ll be able to provide clients with our award-winning multidisciplinary services including strategy, writing, web, graphics, video and placement. Your compensation will include a base salary plus commission.
Work History Preferences:
1. Five-year proven track record in business-to-business outside sales
2. College degree in marketing, communications, business or sales
3. Advertising agency experience
If this opportunity sounds favorable, please review this umbrella of tenets to see if our values match:
1. Your integrity is more important than money.
2. You have an intuition for “think-on-your-feet” creative sales solutions.
3. You are motivated by your own will. You don’t need a drill sergeant.
4. You always treat clients with respect, even if it’s an ex-fiancé that jilted you at the altar.
5. You never sell someone something unless they need it. Eskimos don’t need ice cubes.
6. Your performance earns money and respect, not years in the field.
7. You plan twice and act once. You plan twice and act once.
8. You understand the sale isn’t complete until the client is happy.
9. You assume that if you don’t stay in touch with your client, your competitor will.
10. You realize that selling a product is more about educating than pressuring.
11. You believe “burnout” only happens when you are not passionate about what you’re selling.
12. You aim to have an open toolbox to sell any marketing solution to any client.
13. You follow your intuition to say, “stop” when you need to find a better solution.
14. You recognize it’s not about you. It’s about the client. It’s about the power of collaboration.
15. You listen more than you talk.
16. You communicate your ideas effectively and with clarity to a team of professionals.
17. You respect that no sometimes does mean no.
18. You understand that you can’t make everyone happy; but it sure is fun to try.
19. You believe that the client is always right. Without clients, we’d have no business.
If you agree with all tenets and you believe you’ve got the passion to pour into our mission of providing Creativity on Demand™, please apply.
- See more at: absolutemg.com/sales/
>> Client Relations Intern
Absolute Marketing group is providing internship opportunities for individuals who want to invest in their future by working with real clients on real projects. We are seeking responsible, reliable interns with excellent writing and communications skills. If you are proficient at organizing projects and events, possess quick research and writing skills and enjoy working with a team of creative individuals, this is the place for you.
Client Relations Interns will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Assisting Marketing Advisors and Project Coordinator
- Organizing and Planning Projects
- Working with Clients and Vendors
- Copy Editing and Proofing
- Collecting and Placing Social Media Collateral
- Sales and Administrative Support
- Estimating Production Costs
- Research and Testing
This person must be organized, energetic and willing to take on new challenges. You must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to learn new applications if required. You will report directly to our Project Coordinator. This position will be for a minimum of 20 hours per week. We will have some flexibility in working with your schedule. This is an unpaid internship. Please e-mail your letter of application, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> Media Buying Intern
Absolute Marketing Group is not searching for just an intern but for the next best media guru. If you want to break into the advertising and marketing industry, you are going to need to know the things they don’t teach you in school. We provide you with an in-depth look at media planning, placement and set you up for success in the business. You should have customer service experience, excellent communication skills and be able to professionally represent Absolute Marketing Group.
Media Buying Interns will perform the following tasks:
- Researching various media options such as Radio, Print, Television, Direct Mail and developing recommendations based on client objectives
- Assisting in implementing media plans for assigned clients
- Monitor tracking, delivery and campaign performance on an ongoing basis
- Resolve media invoice discrepancies within acceptable time limits
- Provide assistance to client relations and marketing advisors
This person must have an outgoing personality. You must be proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel. You will report directly to our Media Buyer. This position will be for a minimum of 20 hours per week. We will have some flexibility in working with your schedule. This is an unpaid internship. Please e-mail your letter of application, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.